December 28, 2006

Various Gifts...

... that I had sitting around while spending some time with my camera. Nevermind that I didn't take the time to photograph a complete stocking when I finished it. Anyway.

First: My mom's shawl. I started with a pattern from Interweave's holiday edition. Then I decided I didn't want to follow the pattern -- a bad habit of mine. So I frogged it. And wrote my own pattern. It's not a great pattern, but it was one I could complete in the day and a half my mother was out of town. It's made of a mohair/wool/acrylic blend that has been sitting in my house for much longer than I've been knitting. I was pretty pleased to be able to use it on something for my mother.

Also, small project: stocking ornament number 16. Nice, quick, and easy. But I definitely found it a bit repetetive after stocking 10... I think I have three more to make, too, by the end of the year.

1 comment:

Samah said...

Beautiful photos! Your mom's shawl looks gorgeous, and again, I commend your perseverence with the stockings. XD [That one is, as I'm sure they all were,] Very cute.