December 19, 2006

Holiday Headbands


Well, I've covered a significant portion of my holiday knitting, and I'm relatively sure that I'll actually get everything completed and delivered in a timely manner! This is all thanks to the fact that I've decided to give all my female friends the same easy-to-make thing.

I designed this pattern to be simple enough to make in a couple hours. If I worked steadily, it took roughly 2 hours per headband, counting sewing it up. Another advantage of doing something small like this is that I was able to work completely out of yarn from my stash, so it certainly didn't cost me much. It was really fun to see how different yarns worked in this pattern. My favorites were made of dark, solid colors in 100% wool. They showed the cable well (which this cream doesn't) and had the necessary elasticity.

I've produced 22 of these. I gave about eight away today, and they were well-received. Of course, everyone had seen me knitting them for the past few weeks -- I'm not sneaky with my gift-giving -- so there was no element of surprise, but everyone was still pleased. I'm looking forward to sending the next batch into the world tomorrow!

2 comments:

Samah said...

That looks great (as I'm sure they all do)! I can't believe you made 22. I have no such perseverence, even for headbands. XD

Unknown said...

that's 44 hours GONE FOREVER