August 16, 2011

23 years.

Today I woke up feeling weird. I pondered this as I reached for my alarm, and I suddenly realized it was the feeling of being the awkward age of 23. What am I supposed to do with that?

And then I had my coffee, which put me one step closer to normalcy. I checked my e-mail, and I immediately panicked as I saw that I had 30 new messages. I had, of course, forgotten that it was my birthday, and that my friends were greeting me. Realizing what was going on, I felt much better!

This town has crazy traffic. What's going on here? I don't know. Cars. People. Stoplights. Parking garages. But hey, I made it to training, and there were donuts, and then they sang happy birthday to me! Then I learned lots of facts. Somehow I need to remember them and put them into action. Hm.

But now, another day more trained, more textbook-laden, and more acquainted with my fellow School Psych students, I seem to have pushed through my first wall of grad school anxiety and am momentarily on a new wave of excitement. Here's hoping that holds out for some long period of time.

 


Image only vaguely related to my thoughts today; took it last weekend and thought it was worth putting in a safe place.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: