January 15, 2007

Ice and snow mean lots of knitting time.


So I've been stuck in the house for three and a half days now, due to weather. Well, other than going outside to take pictures. That lasted all of five minutes before my tolerance of the windchill was gone. I'm much happier inside under my several layers of blankets.

Obviously, this meant that I knit a lot. A friend's birthday is coming up, so I decided to make her Odessa. I didn't have enough beads in a coordinating color, so I did it without. After I finished it, though, I realized I had made her a headband for Christmas. Normally, I wouldn't worry about it much and would give her the hat anyway, but I needed another project... This picture is terrible, by the way. It really isn't shaped like a bucket.

So. Another project. I decided to go with a scarf, because everyone needs a good wool scarf, and I don't believe this particular friend has received one from me yet. I made her a vertically striped garter scarf. My original plan was to use a fun stitch pattern, but as I experimented, I realized that the yarn would look best plain... So it ended up just 11250 knit stitches. Yeah. Suffice to say that I was ready to be finished long before it was done. But I held out and read while I knit, which always makes a project go faster for me. I do definitely like the finished product. Yay snow days and scarves.

No comments: